Excess moisture can cause severe damage to your home. If you’re looking to prevent humidity in your house, consider getting a dehumidifier installed from Get Air Done in Concord, NC!
Moisture buildup in your home is detrimental to your health and comfort and can also compromise the structure of your house.
How Do Dehumidifiers Work?
Dehumidifiers can be portable or made for the whole house. Whole-house dehumidifiers pull extra moisture from the inside of your home by turning the humid air into water droplets, collecting at the base of the unit or through a floor drain via a hose. For portable dehumidifiers, their basins should be removed by hand, a sink hose, or through a sump pump basin.
Crawl space encapsulation or dehumidifiers also work to remove excess moisture. Encapsulations are vapor barriers that protect water from entering the crawl space, preventing mold and mildew. Crawl space dehumidifiers are units installed in the crawl space that serve the same purpose as standard dehumidifiers.
Benefits of Installing a Dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers do more than remove excess moisture. Dehumidifier Installation in Concord, NC is beneficial in many other ways, including the following:
- Helps turn your space into an allergy-friendly place. When there’s no excessive moisture in the air, allergens, including dust mites, mold, and mildew won’t thrive. Your home will be safe for immuno-compromised occupants.
- Helps keep your place smelling nice and fresh. Humid environments invite mold and mildew growth, which smells musty. A dehumidifier keeps those fungus and their nasty smell at bay.
- Protects your wallpaper and paintwork against damage. Excess moisture at home can cause your wall paint to turn flaky or your wallpaper to start curling. A dehumidifier will solve the root cause of the problem.
- Protects your wooden furnishings from rotting. Wooden furniture is susceptible to decay when stored in a high humid environment. With a dehumidifier, you can keep the humidity level in your place at the right level.
- Makes your place more comfortable. A dehumidifier keeps your space at optimal temperature. You don’t have to suffer temperature fluctuations during hot summer days or cold winter months. What’s more, this device will help your A/C run efficiently as well.
Call Today for Dehumidifier Installation Services!
If you would like more information on dehumidifiers for your home or are ready to install one, call the dehumidifier experts at Get Air Done in Concord, NC at (704) 634-0421 for a free estimate!